This is the recipe I mentioned from Genius Kitchen. Serves 2. Happy baking!
- 1 egg
- 128g plain flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 245g buttermilk
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 -2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Bananas, kiwi fruit, plain yoghurt and maple syrup for serving
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the egg on medium speed until frothy. If too difficult, froth up using a whisk.
- Add the buttermilk, melted butter and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt, and beat on medium speed just until blended.
- Heat a lightly greased frying pan or pancake pan.
- Pour about half a soup ladle of batter onto the pan for each pancake.
- Cook until the tops of the pancakes are covered with tiny bubbles and the batter is set, about 4 minutes. Flip pancakes and cook until the undersides are golden brown, about 3-4 minutes more. Adjust cook time, according to hob.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Top with toppings of your choice, as suggested.